Links to useful resources and websites for parents.
The Department of Education and Communities:
The International business unit
Telephone: 1300 300 229
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Information about selective high schools.
- There are 1593 worksheets online to support children with dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- SEN Teacher provides cost-free teaching and learning resources for students with special needs and learning disabilities.
- This website was founded in 2002 as a free public service to motivate children to read with phonics.
- To provide teachers and parents with free online reading stories to help young children to develop and practice reading skills.
- This website offers a fun way for your child to improve their spelling. There are 3 games designed for children between 7 -11 years old.
- Reaching Rockets offers a wealth of reading strategies, lessons and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better. The reading resources will assist parents, teachers and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Between the Lions website offers tons of expert-approved games, stories, video clips and activities - all aimed at reinforcing the literacy mission of the series.
- Online phonic games for students, reading and spelling games for kids and adults
- English and Literacy games for children.
- Come into The Reading Treehouse and experience reading in action. You will find encouragement, useful information and free materials inside!
Phonics and Phonemic Awareness Worksheets
The Florida Centre for Reading Research
- GO to the instructional materials for Teachers page and there are graded activities in phonological awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension. Each section can be downloaded in PDS sections. There are great games to print out and use.
- Stick with your educational games that develop early reading skills.
Free Education Resources of Adrian Bruce
- Word games, phonics games, reading games, comprehension strategies and phonics posters.
- Download and print 100s of FREE literacy resources.
Interactive English Games and Activities